Jason & Dillard's Playtime

In Civic Term, a class called "A Show of Hands". On the contrary, we've been researching and experimenting with puppetry. We have talked to Sarah Fornance from Manual Cinema, about the puppet show "Christmas Carol". She helped us a lot on the debrief sign about how puppets can be moved, what they can & cannot do, and how we betray them. We also talked to Claire Saxe from "Rough House Theater" who also gave us tips on how to better our puppets & puppetry. So hopefully, you enjoy my puppet show.

Here's the link: https://youtu.be/VKVtDwzm12g

On the side of a more debrief of my puppet show, The message I wanted to convey from the puppet show is based on the word “Sharing”. I beard with the thought of empathy, by both of the characters betraying a way to show that from the conflict that was being held. More on the inspirational side, the background music really inspired me to change it up a little. The narration was inspired by the tone of the music, brought more calming aesthetics to the show. It was somewhat a struggle with the voice of my narration and characters, but I seemed to hassle that out. Since the boys are children 6-7 years old. I wanted emotion since their so little, sensitive, and whatnot. Thinking on the process of my writing, I found it very simple but deeper in meaning with words more than just action. In the designing part, I wanted to bring that kid vibe to the set with colorful sheets and scribble from crayons. 

Thank You.








Comments

Popular Posts