DreamCatchers In The Making!

In my class, Who Am I we have been taking a course in this class called "Doubts & Dreams" and we have been learning about different philosophers and where they come from. We also have been studying towards our thoughts about what we are not "certain" of or our dreams. So I and my class took an FE ( field experience ) to the "American Indian Center" where we got a background of
Indians and what they do. For my project, I am doing a "Dream Catcher" based on what we learned.

For my Dream catcher, I want it to symbolize the "Creator" part of my mindset. I want the person reading to understand where I'm coming from. The positive elements are the 4 boxes or spaces I have between my dream-catcher represent my mom 4 children such as me, my sister, little brother, and big brother.

Also, another positive element is that I mixed my mom favorite color and mines together. So her favorite color is yellow and mine are pink. The negative elements are the colors such as the brown strand around the metal part in the dream catcher represents the negativity that tries or even maybe surrounds my family like many things or people that just cannot come between us. The picture of me and my mom are representing the middle of my dreamcatcher representing the bond that I and her have together.




For the center of my dream catcher, I don't have anything in the middle but I have a picture of me and mom to describe me and her relationship through the dream catcher. I also know that my grandma is mixed with Indian and so I think what I am doing with this really affect me in a way but I don’t really know because I never studied it.

With that I’m connecting one of the psychologists “Freud” and I believe he would go depth into asking me what I really thought of my dream catcher and I don’t think he would let me explain In otherwise, he will tell me what he thinks about it.

Some questions about my dream catcher. Like “If it was to be living in the time where I made it with the Indians would it be the same? Or “If I ever realize what Indian meant to towards my tribes?. But like I said I really think it’s interesting how many people may be related to Indian tribes or apart of it and never really know about it.

Comments

Popular Posts