Life Cycle Of A Poem

Day 1.
1. Describe where you were when you started writing this piece & what was on your mind?
    A. I was at home sitting on the couch with such boredom. When I wrote this poem I kind of just went with the flow, but as I kept writing the words and sentences connected me to a song name " Pompeii " by: Bastille.
2. What kind of sentences did you use? Are there other patterns you notice?
    A. I use sort of a mixture with sentence fragments and compound sentences. The other patterns where I noticed that all of the details I had all had a connection to it.
3. What themes do you notice in this piece?
    A. When I read it over and over it really starts to remind of a lost person finding their self because they don't know where they are. One of the themes I believe that I wrote in my poem is like an outsider feeling, like you don't belong or you thought you did until this.
4. What were your intentions for this piece? Where did you see this piece going?
    A. I really didn't have any intentions but as I kept writing I kind of just went with the flow and tried to connect it with downtown like everyone is walking but sometimes you feel like someone is watching you but in reality they're really not.

Poem:
I shine like the sun in the sky, so close to the clouds right by. I never realized how I shine when no one else did, maybe it was a dream but It wasn't. It was actually me in a crowd of people, shining like the sun. People looked at me all different with pale faces and black eyes then they stared at me for a long time. I felt scared, nervous, like I was being attacked not physically but mentally. I tend to slowly walk away when I realized the sun was not shining on me no more and the people didn't have pale faces and black eyes. I was lonely. They were just regular like me, I tend to realize this is a dream.

Day 2.

Poem:

I shine like the sun in the sky
so close to the clouds right by
never realized how
I shine when no one else did
maybe it was a dream but It wasn't.
It was actually me in a crowd of people
shining like the sun.
people looked at me all different with pale faces and black eyes
they stared at me for a long time.
I felt scared, nervous
like I was being attacked not physically but mentally.
tend to slowly walk away when I realized the sun was not shining on me no more
the people didn't have pale faces and black eyes.
I was lonely.
They were just regular like me
started to realize this is a dream

Day 3.
My partner said to add more details and add punctuation at the end of sentences. She noticed a lot of imagery and description. Although she said it was pretty good.


Day 4.
I shine like the sun in the sky.
so close to the clouds right by,
never realized how
I shine when no one else did.
Being that spotlight had me thinking
am I bright?
It felt like it was a dream but It wasn't.
It was actually me in a crowd of people
shining like the sun.
people looked at me all different with pale faces and black eyes
they stared at me for a long time.
I felt scared, nervous
like I was being attacked not physically but mentally.
tend to slowly walk away when I realized the sun was not shining on me no more,
the people didn't have pale faces and black eyes.
I was lonely.
They were just regular like me
started to realize this is a dream.

Comments

Popular Posts