Sonnet

Blog intro: Were doing something different this term. Since COVID-19 happened, my school decided to work virtually, meaning video chats and emails are mandatory for school. In my Humanities class, Forbidden Books. We have been reading a script on Shakespeare called "Taming of the Shrew". So here is my poem I made based on a character of my choice from the play. Enjoy

Perform Poem:


Script Poem:
Petruchio, why must you act a fool?
Upon all these people, your wife, servants, and dear friends
Tame yourself, mister, follow the rules
You must peruse to do what you need not want
You flout rules without a care in the world
Construe the many bad things you have done
Oh, thy Petruchio, you made me hurl
“First kiss me Kate, and we will”; she was won
Demandment toward a wondrous woman
Kate is beauteous, taken for granted
Never lost any love for you “Friedman"
Understanding me comes first, a commandment
I’ve learned much from you, no explanation
Equality in my generation!!!

Comments

Popular Posts