Who Are You?

Hi, my name is S.W and I am a freshman at GCE Lab School. In my term called "Who Am I" we've been learning about yourself and how we relate to the world the past weeks. We have also been learning about different Greek philosophers such as Socrates, Empedocles and etc. Also, in addition, my class went on an FE ( Field Experience ) where a professional dog trainer came and talk to us about behaviorism in dogs and how people and dogs relate towards different effects. So towards that experience, so towards my class my teacher assigned us to make a podcast based on the knowledge we know to believe in what we believe. 

For my podcast, I am talking about 

SW. "Who am I?" Youtube. 2019

Podcast Script

Do you like being vulnerable? No, I don’t think so nobody does right. The vulnerability is not a good thing right cause nobody likes to be exposed. With that saying, I will like to explain my experience with and how I believe for it to be true or false. My name is S.W and I am a freshman at GCE Lab School and welcome to my podcast. Today’s experience I will be talking to you about vulnerability and how it affected in my life.

P.S; the 4 words that are based on this topic that I will use a lot is teamwork, bullying, cooperation, racism

A little bit about me is that My creativity is based on what I know or what I had learned. In many things or accommodations, I always love to be a part of something even if I may not like it. I like to spread ideas to people about things to make them understand my point of view.

I believe in teamwork, cooperation and how it relates to vulnerability with taking apart of bullying and racism in a way that it shouldn't be existing. To believe in these 4 words you have to have a sort of experience towards why. I'm not saying that you have to experience but at least put your mindset in that genre to actually know about.

I have experienced bullying with an older memory of about 9-10 years ago. It was when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade and I lived in DeKalb, Illinois. This day at school my teacher was telling the Class instructions to start on our work and while I was sitting there on the floor it was kids playing behind me. They were touching me and like taking my stuff and playing with it. After that my teacher told the instructions, I went to sharpen my pencil to do my work and I was standing in line waiting for the other person to get done sharpening their pencil. When the child was done I went to try and sharpen my pencil but that was when this girl by the way the same one we saw was messing with me while I was sitting down. So I believe she grabbed my pencil and tried to sharpen it faster than me and she winds up poking me in my right eye with her pencil because in a quotation she was “angry”. And after that experience it made me think onto did she tend to do it or was it just accident based on how angry she was. Remember when I was talking about vulnerability and how people may have been so mad at theirself they throw that anger on other people which is called bullying. Another point I wanted to make is that most of my class were white so I think racism was really connected to this point.

As to how this affected my life I really think it made me a better and strong person because after that incident I went to the hospital and at first the doctors were saying that I will lose eyesight or that eye will be replaced but that didn't happen. So I believe that if I do something that I think I can’t I try harder to get it done. This pushed me to try and do harder things that I know will be a challenge in my life and succeed in them. If I don't succeed I try harder to be the person I am.

So hopefully you listeners out there understood my story and where I came from. Thanks for being here. Remember if you feel like you can't succeed try harder to. S.W out!

Comments

Popular Posts