Plan a Garden


I am a freshman and my name is semajah in this class called Food we have been focusing on the history of how we evolved from monkeys and different species. But also we have been looking at different types of foods we invest in. We did this test where we went to Whole Foods and got vegetables like cilantro, celery, etc, so we decided on cutting the leaves or stems and leave the bark or the roots and put water in a cup and put it in a greenhouse.

So for this AP, I am researching how to plan my own garden based on the experience we had in class and mines as well.

For my 10 companion plants are:

1. Wormwood
2. Sage
3. Garlic chives
4. Borage
5. Calendula
6. Nasturtiums
7. Lavender
8. Fennel
9. Thyme
10. Mint

Heres the sketch of my materials use for my garden:

My location on where I will be planting my plants are going to be in my house. The materials used to plan my garden will be a water bottle, a vase and the bottom half of a 2-liter pop bottle. For my garden to be well groomed and protected with everything. I want to get natural soil without any fertilizer built up in the soil, I want worms and all to help my plants grow but also something that will not attract insects or bugs. I will also love to have sunlight for my plant to grow and be a beautiful plant. The plants I picked are “companion plants” which means that those plants are designed in a way that it all have the same features but different seeds of course. Also, the common things with these plants are that they are a kind of “home base plant” for me that means that those plants work well when at home and mostly use for cooking. The principle for farming I will use it No Fertilizer and that’s important to me because I feel like when you add a lot of other chemicals to a natural placed plant it messes with the plant on how it is supposed to grow. During Ron Finley’s TED Talk he was talking about planting and how he wanted the community to share and instead of other things to do, help out with the community for a PURPOSE. Towards my garden, I feel like it has to take a lot of methods and ideas to keep it the way you would like your garden to be. Mainly for my garden, I will like for it to be organized and has the same use as the other plants.


Comments

Popular Posts